ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Gilles Scokart" <gscok...@gmail.com>
Subject RE: Ivy settings management from Ant (was Re: can i call ivy:configure multiple times with different configuration files(which in turn refers different ivy.xmls)?)
Date Mon, 25 Jun 2007 15:27:01 GMT

Currently on the trunk, yes, you are right.  I just said that it didn't make
sense, so for me it could raise an error or we could keep the current
behaviour.  I'm too tired today to say which approach I would prefer.

> - When a <settings> is defined, id='...' is mandatory.  And an error (with
> > clear message) is triggered when a task try to use the settings
> > 'ivy.instance' (implicitely or or not) and this instance was created
> with
> > <settings> without id.
>

> Sorry, I'm not sure to fully understand this point. Do you mean that:
> <ivy:settings />
> <ivy:resolve settingsRef="ivy.instance" />
> will raise a clear error, saying that the id is mandatory in settings?
>
> In this case, what happen if you do this:
> <ivy:configure file="ivyconf.xml"/>
> <ivy:resolve />
> <ivy:settings file="ivysettings.xml" />
> <ivy:resolve settingsRef="ivy.instance" />
> ?
> The first resolve should run ok with the settings loaded from ivyconf.xml.
> Then will the second resolve use the first settings loaded with configure,
> the second one, or raise an error? My guess is that it will use the first
> settings. Am I right?

Currently on the trunk, again you are right.  But I'm not sure it is
intuitive.  I would prefer the second resolve call trigger an error saying
that the ivy:settings must have an id.

Gilles