ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From <Jan.Mate...@rzf.fin-nrw.de>
Subject AW: Conflict problem
Date Fri, 04 May 2007 06:47:20 GMT
It seems that Xavier wants the development being JIRA-driven.
So I wanted to open an issue, but I found some existing on that topic area:

    problem with conflict resolution in transitive dependencies

    Ivy 1.3 has a problem with conflict resolution in transitive dependencies:
    A depends on B
    B depends on C and D 1.1 (in this order)
    C depends on D 1.0

    In this case both D 1.1 and D 1.0 are evicted, whereas only D 1.0 should.

    add a conflict manager making build fail when a diamond conflict is found

    It would be appreciated to have the opportunity to use a conflict manager which makes

    the build fail when two modules have a dependency on a third module but disagrees on
    the version (the diamond case with conflicting versions).

Jan