ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From <Jan.Mate...@rzf.fin-nrw.de>
Subject AW: ApacheCon news ?
Date Fri, 04 May 2007 06:37:51 GMT
>> People seemed interested, and there is a question occuring pretty
>> frequently in ApacheCon: could we get closer to maven, and either
>> reuse stuff from their code base, or the other way around, use Ivy as
>> the dependency management engine for Maven.
>>
>> This is something interesting IMO, but another hand I don't think we
>> are big enough for the moment to get enough energy to go int his
>> direction. I'd prefer to first concentrate on building a rock solid
>> 2.0 version with even better ant integration, and then once we get
>> graduated and released, see if we can concentrate energy on this
>> focus... unless someone want to contribute stuff in this direction.
>
>+1
>
>I for one would vote for the Ant+Ivy bundling - maybe not the default
>distribution but some "deluxe edition" or something :-).  I'm
>not sure
>how much value Ivy can contribute to Maven, on the other hand.
>Dependency/repository management isn't the weakness of Maven.

ATM Ant provides a fetch.xml buildfile which should download optional
libraries.
Ant dev@ant we thought about changing that into an Ivy step.
Maybe Ant delivers Ivy, alternatively Ant has a target to download Ivy.
It doesnt
make any difference to me if you type
    ant -f fetch.xml
and having Ivy present before running this buildfile or after running
it...

Jan