ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Bourzeix, Hervé <Herve.Bourz...@Genesys.com>
Subject RE: jdk version required (was Re: Extending IvyBuildList)
Date Tue, 29 May 2007 13:37:07 GMT
Here is the link of the weaver tool:
http://retroweaver.sourceforge.net/

Hervé

-----Original Message-----
From: Jan.Materne@rzf.fin-nrw.de [mailto:Jan.Materne@rzf.fin-nrw.de]
Sent: mardi 29 mai 2007 15:32
To: ivy-user@incubator.apache.org
Subject: AW: jdk version required (was Re: Extending IvyBuildList)

Ant has build requirement JDK 1.3 (three).
There are some classes which use 1.4+, but they are compiled optional (using <selector>s).

The use of Java5 in Ivy would mean that the build can not run on a JDK 1.4- environment. For
an open source project it is difficult (impossible?) to get information from the audience
("Which JDK do you use?").

I would say: keep 1.4 so you'll earn a bigger audience.

In Ant we have some "Generics" just for comment:
     Collection/*<Task>*/ getTasks()
and of course the javadoc
     /** @return Collection of Tasks */
or   /** @return Collection<Task> of Tasks */