ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Xavier Hanin" <xavier.ha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: jdk version required (was Re: Extending IvyBuildList)
Date Tue, 29 May 2007 13:26:07 GMT
On 5/29/07, John Gill <llignhoj@gmail.com> wrote:

> Well for one, it is "only" an ant plugin, so it's not like it is forcing

No, Ivy is not "only" an ant plugin, even if it's its primary use case. Ivy
can be used standalone, or embedded as a library. In the latter case it
requires to use generics in the client code. But I don't think it's that
much an issue, people writing code now shouldn't be too afraid of generics.
It's really more matter of building with Ivy, because a build system is
something that is not changed that often, and some still prefer running with
old java version (even if they migrate to Ivy.

Xavier

everyone to write their programs using generics, but it would mean they