ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Xavier Hanin" <xavier.ha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Cleanup your line endings please!
Date Tue, 29 May 2007 10:57:29 GMT
Hi,

Indeed our repo is not very clean concerning eol. For files with LF
svn:eol-style, this is required for xooki managed files, because xooki
always use LF as eol. Fixing xooki is an option, but it works well like that
as long as you use xooki to edit files, or a file editor supporting LF.

For others file we should indeed fix it. Thanks for the pointer, I'll think
I'll use ant fixcrlf for that, no need to have python. I think I'll take
advantage of the  code cleanup we'll do soon to make this change, because it
will make merging difficult, so it's better to do it when no developer has
pending changes.

Xavier

On 5/29/07, Jean-Baptiste Quenot <jbq@apache.org> wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> I noticed that a lot of files in your Subversion repository are in
> the DOS format, have svn:eol-style LF  or do not have it at all...
> it makes it  difficult to submit patches because  of the different
> line endings (I'm not using DOS line endings).
>
> Would you mind fixing those?   For example for fixing line endings
> of Apache Wicket  I use a [1]hand-crafted script.   But running it
> as-is does not fix the svn:eol-style with value "LF".
>
> Cheers,
> --
>      Jean-Baptiste Quenot
> aka  John Banana   Qwerty