ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Xavier Hanin" <xavier.ha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Dealing with POMs with classifications?
Date Tue, 29 May 2007 06:24:03 GMT
Hi,

We do not have a similar concept, but we have already implemented something
to be compatible with this construct in 2.0.0 alpha 1 (see IVY-418).

So you have two options:
- use a pom to define your dependencies and declare the dependency with the
classifier.
- use an ivy file and define your dependency like that:
<dependency org="org.testng" name="testng" rev="5.5">
  <artifact name="testng" type="jar" ext="jar" classifier="jdk15"/>
</dependency>

You will have to deactivate ivy file validation in this case, because
classifier is considered as an extra attribute.

You will also have to make sure to use a good pattern for your resolver
storing the maven 2 artifacts. Something like:
[organisation]/[module]/[revision]/[artifact]-[revision](-[classifier]).[ext]

HTH,

Xavier