ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Xavier Hanin" <xavier.ha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Using a HDD as the local repository
Date Wed, 23 May 2007 13:02:17 GMT
On 5/23/07, Foreman, Alex (IT) <Alexander.Foreman@morganstanley.com> wrote:

> I have a file system which already has many of the artifacts inside it.
>
> Eg:
> /var/tmp/repo/[organisazion]/[module]/[revision]/[artifact].[ext]
>
> I currently have a resolver:
> <ivysettings>
>         <conf defaultResolver="msdist" />
>         <resolvers>
>                     <filesystem name="localdisk">
>                             <artifact
> pattern="/var/tmp/repo/[organisazion]/[module]/[revision]/common/lib/[ar
> tifact].[ext]" />
>                     </filesystem>
>         </resolvers>
> </ivysettings>
>
> The problem is that when I have a project that uses for instance 'apache
> commons-lang 2.1' It resolves the file perfectly in my FileSystem
> resolver and copies it to my local ivy repo ~/.ivy/cache...  I do not
> want to copy the files.  I want it to use the files where they are and
> just point to them.
>
> How is this possible.

Historically Ivy heavily relies on its cache, but this is something that we
have planned to review for next version, to make Ivy cache more flexible
(check and vote for IVY-399).

With current version, what is possible is to avoid the copy of artifacts,
but you will still have ivy files copied in your cache. To do you have to
use the useOrigin='true' attribute on your resolve and post resolve tasks
(like cachepath or cachefileset, if you really want to avoid any copy).

HTH,

Xavier

I have RTFM and tried hacking around but nothing so far has worked out.

> Many thanks,
>
> Alex Foreman

> does not intend to waive confidentiality or privilege. Use of this email is
> prohibited when received in error.

Manage your dependencies with Ivy!
http://incubator.apache.org/ivy/