ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Xavier Hanin" <xavier.ha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Executable corrupted when delivered
Date Wed, 23 May 2007 08:07:37 GMT
Hi David,

Nice to here from you!

The problem you describe seems very strange to me. You say that the download
to the cache is going well, and it's only the copy to the delivery
destination which is causing problem, right? How do you do this last copy? -
I should know probably, but it's been a long time since my last visit at
Stanford :-) -

What it is weird is that we use the same copy algorithm everywhere, so I
don't understand why one would fail and not the other. The only 'artifacts'
we modify sometimes are module descriptors (ivy files in your case).

Xavier

On 5/23/07, dtayl <dtayl@stanford.edu> wrote:

> Hi -
>
> In our build system, we depend on Unix shared libraries and ELF
> executables, both from legacy C code, in addition to the usual artifacts
> of the Java world. For consistency, I like managing everything with Ivy
> (thanks Xavier!).
>
> Although the shared libraries work fine, the executable gets corrupted
> when delivered. The executable in the repository is ok, the executable
> downloaded to the cache is the same, but the executable delivered from
> the cache is different. To work around this in the build, I added a
> post-install step to overwrite the delivered executable with the
> executable from the cache, which works. And we've started a project to
> replace the legacy modules with Java modules. So there's no urgent need
> for a fix. But I'd like to know if I'm doing something wrong to cause
> this. In the Ivy file, I assign a type and extension of 'bin', and a
> filesystem resolver is used. We're still at Ivy version 1.3+. Any clues?
>
> thanks,
> david

Manage your dependencies with Ivy!
http://incubator.apache.org/ivy/