ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Xavier Hanin" <xavier.ha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: if network is down ...
Date Sat, 19 May 2007 10:44:54 GMT
On 5/18/07, jeff <jeffrey.blattman@yahoo.com> wrote:

> a request from another user ...
>
> they are asking if there is a way to make ivy:install use from cache only
> ... for example, network goes down. in this case, ivy:install fails ... but
> the data is in the cache so theoretically it could just warn the user.
>
> not even sure if this question makes sense ... ?

We will review the cache management in 2.0, so any input is welcome. ATM Ivy
should be able to do the install if you use only static versions, and not
dynamic one. With dynamic versions (like latest, ...), Ivy has to check your
repository. Some have already asked to make it possible to easily say to Ivy
to use the cache only in this case. We will see if we can provide such a
feature in the 2.0 version.

HTH,

Xavier

> news, photos & more.