ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Xavier Hanin" <xavier.ha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to specify the resolver used in <ivy:repreport>?
Date Sat, 12 May 2007 12:44:23 GMT
On 5/12/07, Jean-Baptiste Quenot <jbq@apache.org> wrote:

> * Xavier Hanin:
> > On 5/11/07, Jean-Baptiste Quenot <jbq@apache.org> wrote:
> > >

> > > I'm  trying to  use <ivy:repreport>  with  Ivy 1.4.1  and I  don't
> > > understand where  it looks for  dependencies.  I have  the feeling
> > > that it looks in the first resolver defined in ivyconf.xml.
> >

> > It's not the first one, it's the default one.
> >
> > <snip/>
> >
> > Indeed, it uses regular ivy settings: it means that it will take the
> default
> > resolver for modules which do not have any specific settings, and the
> > specific settings for others.
>
> Indeed that makes sense.  But still there's something wrong
> because all the dependencies that have an organisation name with
> more than one level cannot be resolved.
>
> This is a working example:
>
>     <module organisation="opensymphony" name="quartz"
> resolver="default-chain">
>       <revision name="1.5.2" status="release" pubdate="20060518223108"
> resolver="external" artresolver="external" homepage="
> http://www.opensymphony.com/quartz/" downloaded="false" searched="true"
> default="false" conf="compile, default" position="100">
>         <caller organisation="caller" name="all-caller" conf="default"
> rev="latest.integration"/>
>         <artifacts>
>         </artifacts>
>       </revision>
>     </module>
>
> This is an example of failure:
>
>     <module organisation="org" name="apache" resolver="default-chain">
>       <revision name="latest.integration" error="not found"
> downloaded="false" searched="false" conf="" position="-1">
>         <caller organisation="caller" name="all-caller" conf="default"
> rev="latest.integration"/>
>         <artifacts>
>         </artifacts>
>       </revision>
>     </module>
>
> So Ivy doesn't seem to be able to resolve organisations with dots,
> like org.apache...

Mmm, ok, you're right. The listing mechanism used in Ivy has not been
updated to deal with maven 2 repositories layout. The way Ivy deal with
repository listing is based on listing directories, and it's pretty
difficult to get a good listing based only on directories with maven 2
layout and dot conversions. Well, it's not that difficult, but I'm afraid it
would be very slow, since we would have to check the subdirectories to see
if they are module directories or another part in a dot separated
organization name. All of this taking into account the configured repository
pattern, which may or may not have a module token after the orgnization
token.

I suggest you open a JIRA issue for that "maven 2 organizations with dots
not supported in organization listing", and hope someone provides a patch
:-)

Xavier

--
>      Jean-Baptiste Quenot