ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Xavier Hanin" <xavier.ha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: resolving maven snapshot versions
Date Sat, 12 May 2007 00:50:53 GMT
On 5/12/07, jeff <jeffrey.blattman@yahoo.com> wrote:

> sorry xavier, to be clear, i see two problems here ...
>
> 1. type of artifact is being assumed as JAR
> 2. ivy doesn't seem to be properyly handling maven2 "snapshot" versioning
>
> #1 i am fairly certain is a bug, and i have a fix that i will attach to
> the bug report.
>
> for #2, i an unclear ... should it just work, or do i need to fiddle with
> some of the settings, patterns, matchers, etc. honestly, i was a little
> confused by the docs on this. of course, i set m2compatibility to "true".

I'm not sure if there's already a JIRA issue for that, but I'm sure this is
a subject already discussed on one of the ivy lists. The problem is that
maven seems to have two ways to deal with SNAPSHOT versions: sometimes it
publishes them with SNAPSHOT as the version, in which case Ivy 'just' has to
know it's a changing revision (which could be automated, when m2compatible
is set to true), and in other case it publishes them with a timestamp, in
which case we should define SNAPSHOT versions as dynamic version similar to
SubVersionMatcher (which has nothing to do with svn BTW). This is also sg
pretty simple todo but which would need some kind of automation.

Thanks for creating JIRA issue if you see nothing nothing directly realted
ATM.

Xavier

thanks for your help.