ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Xavier Hanin" <xavier.ha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to specify the resolver used in <ivy:repreport>?
Date Sat, 12 May 2007 00:30:39 GMT
On 5/11/07, Jean-Baptiste Quenot <jbq@apache.org> wrote:

> Hi there,

Salut Jean-Baptiste !

I'm  trying to  use <ivy:repreport>  with  Ivy 1.4.1  and I  don't
> understand where  it looks for  dependencies.  I have  the feeling
> that it looks in the first resolver defined in ivyconf.xml.

It's not the first one, it's the default one.

This feeling is confirmed by the fact that in the generated
> ivy-repository-report.xml there is mention of my defaultResolver:
>
> <module organisation="org" name="mozilla" resolver="default-chain">
>                                           ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>
> Any idea?  Either it's missing from the documentation, or
> the feature does not exist (yet).

Indeed, it uses regular ivy settings: it means that it will take the default
resolver for modules which do not have any specific settings, and the
specific settings for others.
Actually the repreport is implemented in a very basic way:  it list all
modules in Ivy using Ivy#listModules method (which in turn delegate its job
to resolvers), then ask Ivy to resolve all latest versions of all these
modules. That's all! But you can open a JIRA issue if you want something
better.

Xavier

Cheers,
> --