ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Xavier Hanin" <xavier.ha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: source jars
Date Sat, 12 May 2007 00:24:40 GMT
On 5/11/07, Loehr, Ruel <rloehr@pointserve.com> wrote:

> Can someone point me in the right direction?  I can't find the right
> docs.
>

> I'd like to setup a best practice for my devs such that when they add
> dependencies, they are including the source jars.   This is referring to
> adding them to the repository.      Does the format (naming) matter?   I
> assume it should be jarname-source.jar and live in the same dir as the
> dependency.

The naming doesn't matter that much, Ivy is flexible, but usually we use
source as type and jar as ext.

Does the eclipse plugin integrate with this at all?   E.g., once I have
> a beautiful source repository how do I get them down to my eclipse
> environment?

IvyDE deals with source if you delcare them as published artifact. You can
confugre their type, but by default its 'source' for sources and 'javadoc'
for javadocs. The current trunk version also deals with non declared source
and javadocs artifacts for maven modules. But you'd better give it a try
when you think you have an appropriate solution.

Xavier

Ruel Loehr

> Configuration Management
>

> Pointserve, Inc.