ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Xavier Hanin" <xavier.ha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Conflict problem
Date Thu, 03 May 2007 16:45:25 GMT
On 5/3/07, Thomas Schoepfer <t.schoepfer@daetwyler-graphics.ch> wrote:
> Hi
>
> I currently try to use ivy for a small repository.
> I'm stuck upon configuration.
>
> My repo contains 4 modules:
> - Common 1.0.0
> - Common 1.1.0
> - Runtime 2.3
> - Runtime 2.4
>
> App_A depends Runtime 2.3 and Common 1.+
> App_B depends Runtime 2.4 and Common 1.+
> Common 1.0.0 depends Runtime 2.3
> Common 1.1.0 depends Runtime 2.4
>
> I can resolve App_B.
> - This selects Common 1.1.0 and Runtime 2.4.
>
> Resolution of App_A fails.
> - It selects Runtime 2.3 (as expected)
> - It selects Common 1.1.0 (instead of 1.0.0)
>
> defaultConflictManager is set to "strict"
>
> Can ivy be configured to try other revs, if the easiest path fails?
No, for the moment I know no way to use Ivy to adapt dependencies
depending on their own dependencies. Even if this is something
interesting, I think it's technically difficult to achieve on complex
dependencies graph with wide version constraints. It can also lead to
determination problems, eg:
A -> B latest and C latest
B 1 -> C 2
B 2 -> C 1
should Ivy select B 1 and C 2 or B 2 and C 1?

But you can add an issue in JIRA to track down your feature request.

Xavier

> Regards
> --
> Thomas Schöpfer