ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Xavier Hanin" <xavier.ha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Ivy Publish module with no dependencies
Date Tue, 01 May 2007 22:29:59 GMT
On 5/1/07, todd lee <Todd_Lee@amis.com> wrote:

> Hi there,
> We use a local enterprise repository for our build system in which
> everything is home grown (nothing public).
> I've been trying to find an easy way to publish some legacy artifacts to the
> repository so that they're available for other, more complex projects which
> depend on them. I guess what we're trying to accomplish is essentially the
> same as an ivy:install task, only there's no 'from' repository/resolver -
> the artifact is just sitting in the base directory beside the ant build.xml.
>
> The artifacts that we want to publish don't have any other dependencies,
> just source. I was thinking that I could use a straightforward ivy:publish
> to achieve what I want to do in a generic ant script (we want to automate
> their publication as required) and an ivy.xml template that gets all it's
> info from a property file depending on the artifact to publish.
>
> Problem is, it keeps complaining that I should do a resolve before
> publishing. I'm sure there's got to be an easy solution to this, but perhaps
> I'm missing it. Relatively new to ivy. Suggestions are greatly appreciated!
Publish is the right way to go, the only problem is that publish
automatically calls deliver if you don't provide the ivy.xml to
publish, which in turns calls resolve. But if you really provide the
ivy file (using srcivypattern), publish shouldn't try to call a
resolve. If you still do not succeed, please send us more details
about your task call and your build environment.

HTH,

Xavier