ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From dtayl <dt...@stanford.edu>
Subject Executable corrupted when delivered
Date Wed, 23 May 2007 07:55:24 GMT
Hi -

In our build system, we depend on Unix shared libraries and ELF
executables, both from legacy C code, in addition to the usual artifacts
of the Java world. For consistency, I like managing everything with Ivy
(thanks Xavier!).

Although the shared libraries work fine, the executable gets corrupted
when delivered. The executable in the repository is ok, the executable
downloaded to the cache is the same, but the executable delivered from
the cache is different. To work around this in the build, I added a
post-install step to overwrite the delivered executable with the
executable from the cache, which works. And we've started a project to
replace the legacy modules with Java modules. So there's no urgent need
for a fix. But I'd like to know if I'm doing something wrong to cause
this. In the Ivy file, I assign a type and extension of 'bin', and a
filesystem resolver is used. We're still at Ivy version 1.3+. Any clues?

thanks,
david