ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Tim Diggins <>
Subject Re: IvyCruise replacement
Date Thu, 03 May 2007 09:36:17 GMT
have been thinking about this and am wondering if the simplest thing
would actually be to make an ivy-wrapper around the modificationset - so
that ivy swallows all the modificationsets, and checks all the
(--local--) dependencies' modificationsets, and if there are any
modificationsets on those, then it returns a false - ie. there will only
a modificationset on a project once all of its dependencies have cleared
their modificationsets.

what do you think?

-- Tim

Tim Diggins wrote:
> Hi -
> I'm considering ivy as a mechanism to express and manage dependencies
> (currently only expressed in ant tasks), but as one of my main drivers
> is to fix my continuous-build problems, am wondering what people do
> who use ivy and cruisecontrol at present, given that ivycruise is
> apparently not active and not working with latest cruisecontrol?
> What do people do?
> * not use cruisecontrol?
> * live with the failures when things get built in the wrong order?
> * Use some other kind of modificationset and just update all
> dependencies each build?
> any perspectives helpful
> ]
> thanks