ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Jean-Baptiste Quenot <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: How to specify the resolver used in <ivy:repreport>?
Date Sat, 12 May 2007 12:11:48 GMT
* Xavier Hanin:
> On 5/11/07, Jean-Baptiste Quenot <jbq@apache.org> wrote:
> >

> > I'm  trying to  use <ivy:repreport>  with  Ivy 1.4.1  and I  don't
> > understand where  it looks for  dependencies.  I have  the feeling
> > that it looks in the first resolver defined in ivyconf.xml.
>

> It's not the first one, it's the default one.
>
> <snip/>
>
> Indeed, it uses regular ivy settings: it means that it will take the default
> resolver for modules which do not have any specific settings, and the
> specific settings for others.

Indeed that makes sense.  But still there's something wrong
because all the dependencies that have an organisation name with
more than one level cannot be resolved.

This is a working example:

    <module organisation="opensymphony" name="quartz" resolver="default-chain">
      <revision name="1.5.2" status="release" pubdate="20060518223108" resolver="external"
artresolver="external" homepage="http://www.opensymphony.com/quartz/" downloaded="false" searched="true"
default="false" conf="compile, default" position="100">
        <caller organisation="caller" name="all-caller" conf="default" rev="latest.integration"/>
        <artifacts>
        </artifacts>
      </revision>
    </module>

This is an example of failure:

    <module organisation="org" name="apache" resolver="default-chain">
      <revision name="latest.integration" error="not found" downloaded="false" searched="false"
conf="" position="-1">
        <caller organisation="caller" name="all-caller" conf="default" rev="latest.integration"/>
        <artifacts>
        </artifacts>
      </revision>
    </module>

So Ivy doesn't seem to be able to resolve organisations with dots,
like org.apache...
--
     Jean-Baptiste Quenot
aka  John Banana   Qwerty