ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Fred Vos <f...@fredvos.org>
Subject Re: Read from Maven local repository
Date Wed, 09 May 2007 21:09:57 GMT
On Wed, May 09, 2007 at 01:18:24AM +0200, Xavier Hanin wrote:
> On 5/8/07, Fred Vos <fred@fredvos.org> wrote:
[...]
> To get transitive dependencies Ivy need to get metadata about your modules,
> so you have to configure your url resolver to tell where your module
> descriptors (poms in your case) are. The name is misleading, but what you
> actually need to do is add an ivy pattern to your url resolver:
>   <url name="local-maven2" m2compatible="true">
>     <ivy pattern="${local-maven2-pattern}"/>
>     <artifact pattern="${local-maven2-pattern}"/>
>   </url>

I added this <ivy pattern line.

> and how to put all dependencies in the
> >target/lib directory.
>

> This is what the retrieve operation is for, you should have something like
> that on the command line (if there isn't, open a JIRA issue).

There is a retrieve operation in the command line. I used this command:

% java -cp <classpath> -settings ivysettings.xml -retrieve "target/lib/[artifact]-[revision].[ext]"

This does create a target/lib subdirectory and adds the two direct
dependencies to this lib directory. That's a big step forward. Unfortunately
it doesn't add the transitive dependencies. I don't see any warnings or
errors. I tried adding a transitive="true" attribute to both dependencies in
the ivy.xml file, but that doesn't help. Running the command with -verbose
flag doesn't reveal any problem. Searched google to for any other clue, but
couldn't find anythying.

Puzzled,

Fred