ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Fred Vos <f...@fredvos.org>
Subject Re: Read from Maven local repository
Date Tue, 08 May 2007 21:00:46 GMT
Hello Xavier,

On Tue, May 08, 2007 at 05:37:15PM +0200, Xavier Hanin wrote:
> Hi,
>
> First if you use the 1.4 version, the settings file was called
> configuration file and not settings file. This is important because
> the tags used in the file have changed too. So make sure to use the
> 1.4 documentation and not doc from the web site if you use 1.4. OTOH,
> if you plan to use maven compatiblity as you seem to be, I'd recommend
> using 2.0 alpha 1, in which we have fixed some bugs related to pom
> parsing.

I downloaded this 2.0 alpha 1.

> So now for your settings. First I'm surprised that at your first
> attempt Ivy tries to download files from a remote repository. Maybe it
> hasn't loaded your settings at all. Check your console output to make
> sure of which settings is used.
>
> Your second problem is related to the fact that you do not define a
> default resolver, so Ivy doesn't know which resolver to use to resolve
> your dependencies (even if with only one resolver Ivy could make a
> pretty good guess :-)). So you need to add this line:
> <settings defaultResolver="local-maven2" />
> or
> <conf defaultResolver="local-maven2" />
> for Ivy 1.4.

These are my files now:

ivy.xml
-------
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<ivy-module version="1.0">
  <info organisation="org" module="standalone" revision="working"/>
  <dependencies>
    <dependency org="xom" name="xom" rev="1.1" conf="default->*"/>
    <dependency org="com.martiansoftware" name="jsap" rev="2.1"
    conf="default->*"/>
  </dependencies>
</ivy-module>

ivysettings.xml
---------------
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<settings defaultResolver="local-maven2">
  <property name="local-maven2-pattern"
  value="file:${user.home}/.m2/repository/[organisation]/[module]/[revision]/[module]-[revision].[ext]"
override="false" />
  <resolvers>
    <url name="local-maven2" m2compatible="true">
      <artifact pattern="${local-maven2-pattern}"/>
    </url>
  </resolvers>
</settings>

After removing my ~/.ivy directory and
% java -cp <classpath> org.apache.ivy.Main -settings ivysettings.xml

everything works fine! Ivy copies these two dependencies from my local maven
repository into its cache.

Thank you, Xavier, for your quick help. Now I can try to find out how to make
Ivy get the cascading dependencies too and how to put all dependencies in the
target/lib directory. You mentioned the difference between the old and new
documentation. I guess this will help me find the info I need.

Thanks again,

Fred