ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Fred Vos <f...@fredvos.org>
Subject Read from Maven local repository
Date Mon, 07 May 2007 20:12:17 GMT
Hello,

I'm completely new to Ivy. At the moment I'm using Maven to build my
software. Now I'm trying to collect dependencies automatically in the
target/lib directory using Ivy 1.4.1 on the command line. Later I want to
fetch my jars from within a Java program. I want Ivy to fetch the jars from my
local Maven repository at ~/.m2/repository only. How do I setup my
ivysettings.xml for that?

Here's my ivy.xml file:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<ivy-module version="1.0">
  <info organisation="org" module="standalone" revision="working"/>
  <dependencies>
    <dependency org="xom" name="xom" rev="1.1" conf="default->*"/>
    <dependency org="com.martiansoftware" name="jsap" rev="2.1"
    conf="default->*"/>
  </dependencies>
</ivy-module>

and my ivysettings.xml file:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<ivysettings>
  <property name="local-maven2-pattern"
  value="file:${user.home}/.m2/repository/[organisation]/[module]/[revision]/[module]-[revision].[ext]"
override="false" />
  <resolvers>
    <url name="local-maven2" m2compatible="true">
      <artifact pattern="${local-maven2-pattern}"/>
    </url>
  </resolvers>
</ivysettings>

When I do

% java -cp <classpath> fr.jayasoft.ivy.Main

it tries to download xom from an external repository (successfull) and jsap
(not successfull). But this is not what I want. I already have both xom and
jsap and all their dependencies in my local maven repository and want to use
that repository.

When I do

% java -cp <classpath> fr.jayasoft.ivy.Main -conf ivysettings.xml

it complains for both xom and jsap that it cannot find a resolver:

:: [ xom | xom | 1.1 ]: no resolver found for [ xom | xom ]: check your
configuration

So I guess something is wrong with my ivysettings.xml file. Can someone help
me with this first step?

Thanks,

Fred