ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Jarosław Wypychowski <J.Wypychow...@icm.edu.pl>
Subject Re: "ant call trigger can only be used from an ant build" from ant build
Date Thu, 10 May 2007 16:04:52 GMT
Dnia 10-05-2007, czw o godzinie 16:24 +0200, Xavier Hanin napisał(a):
> On 5/10/07, Gilles Scokart <gscokart@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Personally I prefer the abstract doExecute and the final execute because
> > it
> > make it clear which code is executed before and after the task.  I fear
> > that
> > an event handler registered to the project will not be so clear.
>

> I agree it is more clear, but I was looking for some kind of life cycle
> already handled by Ant, and found only these events. But maybe using our own
> life cycle of execute makes more sense.
>
> Any other opinion?
I think that You are talking about BuildListener. I don't like the idea
of controlling the reference stack with generic listeners. First - do
they control only subclasses of IvyTask ?

I would suggest that we make a different thing:
IvyTask{
	final execute(){
		try{
			prepareTask();
			doExecute();
		} finally {
			finalizeTask();
		}
	}
	public void prepareTask(){
		stackAdd
	}
	public void finalizeTask(){
		stackRemove
	}
}

Then it would be clear that if you want to take advantage of default Ivy
mechanisms you have to follow the 3 step task management.

As for top against peek - I didn't thought of Stack interface - feel
free to correct that. I can modify the sources according to the above
and change top into peek.

--jw

--
Jaroslaw Wypychowski
Interdyscyplinarne Centrum Modelowania Matematycznego i Komputerowego UW