ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From nirvdrum <kmen...@servprise.com>
Subject Adding Repository?
Date Fri, 25 May 2007 17:16:57 GMT

Hi,

I'm in the process of trying to convert from maven2 to ivy.  I've grown a
bit jaded with maven and am looking for a reasonable alternative.  Anyway,
I've been trying all day to figure out how to simply add a new repository to
the default list.  Our project uses artifacts from maven2 compatible
repositories that are not hosted by ibiblio.

The documentation on this process is rather confusing, at least for this
neophyte, so home help would be appreciated.  I've tried following the info
on:

http://incubator.apache.org/ivy/doc/tutorial/defaultconf.html
http://incubator.apache.org/ivy/doc/configuration/resolvers.html

I've created an ivysettings.xml file with the following:

<ivysettings>
  <settings defaultResolver="default"/>
  <include url="${ivy.project.dir}/ivysettings-third-party-maven.xml"/>
  <include url="${ivy.default.settings.dir}/ivysettings-shared.xml"/>
  <include url="${ivy.default.settings.dir}/ivysettings-local.xml"/>
  <include url="${ivy.default.settings.dir}/ivysettings-main-chain.xml"/>
  <include url="${ivy.default.settings.dir}/ivysettings-default-chain.xml"/>
</ivysettings>

And then an ivysettings-third-party-maven.xml with the following:

<ivysettings>
  <resolvers>
  	<ibiblio name="ibiblio" />
	<url name="howardlewisship.com" m2compatible="true">
  		<artifact
pattern="http://howardlewisship.com/repository/[organisation]/[module]/[revision]/[artifact]-[revision].[ext]"/>
	</url>
	<url name="selenium" m2compatible="true">
  		<artifact
pattern="http://maven.openqa.org/[organisation]/[module]/[revision]/[artifact]-[revision].[ext]"/>
	</url>
  </resolvers>
</ivysettings>

Both are sitting in my project root.  Is this the proper approach?  It seems
wrong to me given that I want to make an addition to the default config, not
outright replace it.  So, I think duplicating all of that in the
ivysettings.xml is probably wrong.  In any event, it doesn't work.  It looks
like the URL resolver used to open the file doesn't like Windows filenames
(complains about "c" being an invalid protocol).

As an aside, the ivy site doesn't do much of anything in Opera, which is a
bit of a put off at first.  Someone may want to look into that.

Thanks for any help,
Kevin