ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From todd lee <>
Subject RE: best repository layout? (opinions solicited)
Date Fri, 04 May 2007 13:13:59 GMT

Gilles Scokart wrote:
> So I think the 2 repository with chained resolver is the right approach to
> take, because it will allow you to more easily evolve, and more easily
> migrate one or the other repository without having to change his layout.

Thanks for the input Gilles, so given that this is something that we're in
the process of implementing right now, I wonder if someone would be willing
to share the details of their experience with implementing this? If we can
learn from someone's wins/losses we would certainly be grateful!

Beyond the basics of setting up the hardcoded path segments for resolvers
(all of our stuff is local/filesystem based) in the ivysettings file ie -

<chain name="local-repository">
   <filesystem name="local-releases">
   <filesystem name="local-integrations">

How are people specifying their resolve strategy to ensure that the right
resolver/repository is used? It may seem like a basic question, but it seems
pretty critical to being able to properly setup and maintain a repository as
Gilles described earlier. I'm assuming that the best way is to conditionally
switch on ${ivy.status} and set ${ivy.resolver} accordingly. Is there
anything 'under the hood' that we should be aware of that might help/hinder

Sent from the ivy-user mailing list archive at

View raw message