ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From todd lee <Todd_...@amis.com>
Subject Re: Ivy Publish module with no dependencies
Date Thu, 03 May 2007 15:12:44 GMT

todd lee wrote:

> Xavier Hanin wrote:
>>
>> Publish is the right way to go, the only problem is that publish
>> automatically calls deliver if you don't provide the ivy.xml to
>> publish, which in turns calls resolve. But if you really provide the
>> ivy file (using srcivypattern), publish shouldn't try to call a
>> resolve. If you still do not succeed, please send us more details
>> about your task call and your build environment.
>>

> Thanks Xavier - but looks like I'm still running into a problem. It's
> complaining that ivy.organisation is not set...
> Here's the highlevel project setup:
>
> four files sitting in basedir: build.xml, ivy.xml, component.properties,
> artifact.bin
> build.xml loads component.properties
> build.xml has 'publish' target which depends on 'configure' and performs
> an ivy:publish.
>
> Here's some code snippets for more detail:
>
> <snip build.xml>
>     <!-- =================================
>           target: publish
>          ================================= -->
>     <target name="publish" depends="configure" description="-->
> publication of the project artifats">
>
>         <ivy:info file="${ivy.project.dir}/ivy.xml" />
>
>         <ivy:publish
>                 resolver="${ivy.resolver}"
>                 srcivypattern="${ivy.project.dir}/ivy.xml" >
>                 <artifacts pattern="${ivy.project.dir}/[artifact].[ext]"
> />
>         </ivy:publish>
>     </target>
>
> </snip build.xml>
>
> <snip ivy.xml>
>     <info organisation="${component.organisation}"
> module="${component.module}"  revision="${ivy.deliver.revision}"/>
> </snip ivy.xml>

Thanks for the help Xavier - shortly after I posted the previous I found
that calling ivy:info before my publish fixed the problem with missing ivy
properties. I added the task as above and that left me with one issue - ivy
complained that it had a bad revision in the ivy.xml (wanted me to use
forcedeliver or update), presumably because I wasn't explicitly providing a
revision in the 'info' section of the ivy.xml. After explicitly adding the
revision as "${ivy.deliver.revision}" (as above) everything seems to be
working fine - Thanks again!

Todd