ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From todd lee <Todd_...@amis.com>
Subject Ivy Publish module with no dependencies
Date Tue, 01 May 2007 20:05:48 GMT

Hi there,
We use a local enterprise repository for our build system in which
everything is home grown (nothing public).
I've been trying to find an easy way to publish some legacy artifacts to the
repository so that they're available for other, more complex projects which
depend on them. I guess what we're trying to accomplish is essentially the
same as an ivy:install task, only there's no 'from' repository/resolver -
the artifact is just sitting in the base directory beside the ant build.xml.

The artifacts that we want to publish don't have any other dependencies,
just source. I was thinking that I could use a straightforward ivy:publish
to achieve what I want to do in a generic ant script (we want to automate
their publication as required) and an ivy.xml template that gets all it's
info from a property file depending on the artifact to publish.

Problem is, it keeps complaining that I should do a resolve before
publishing. I'm sure there's got to be an easy solution to this, but perhaps
I'm missing it. Relatively new to ivy. Suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Thanks
Todd