ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Gilles Scokart" <gscok...@gmail.com>
Subject RE: Writing some code after ApacheConEU - Retrieving SNAPSHOT Artifacts
Date Thu, 03 May 2007 14:00:16 GMT

When you don't specify a specific revision, ivy must 'list' all available
revision before selecting the right one.  That's what it means.  Ivy can do
this by scanning directories in the repository.

> > * we haven't implemented SNAPSHOT yet, but it should be fairly easy to
> > get simple case working. Indeed the equivalent in Ivy of SNAPSHOT is a
> > + (1.3-SNAPSHOT would be written 1.3-+ in Ivy) Supporting them like
> > that is as easy as adding a new VersionMatcher, on the basis of
> > SubVersionMatcher. Maybe you could add an issue about that to be sure
> > we don't forget to deal with that (there maybe already one, I don't
> > remember).
>
> I'll add that issue. But that is just cosmetics right? If I understand
> correctly, the real problem is the maven-metadata.xml. I'll be happy
> to add that to Ivy 2.0 if you can give me some pointers to where that
> code belongs.

I guess Xavier can give more precise info, but starts by looking at the
VersionMatchers, its subclass and its 'caller'.

Gilles