ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Gilles Scokart" <gscok...@gmail.com>
Subject RE: IvyCruise replacement
Date Thu, 03 May 2007 10:25:45 GMT
Seems to be a good start.  You will have your modules able to rebuild when
one of its dependency has changed.

But you might have a few things to consider:
 1. How to clean your local repository if required.
 2. You might have some modules rebuild too often.  For example if you have
3 modules A ,B and C.  B depends on A.  C depends on A and B.  When A is
rebuild, it should be better to wait that B is rebuild before rebuilding C.

For the first point, having enough disk space, combined with an occasional
clean and full rebuild might be a solution.

For the second point (if you consider it is a problem), you might take some
inspiration from the new veto modificationset.

Gilles