ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Gilles Scokart" <gscok...@gmail.com>
Subject RE: IvyCruise replacement
Date Wed, 02 May 2007 08:08:08 GMT
I'm using cruisecontrol with +/- 60 modules.

I just rebuild all modules every time that a change is detected in any
module.  The build take now 20 minutes when it is successful (but often
fails after less than 5 minutes ;-).  This is acceptable for us.

The benefits is that it is simpler to setup.  Moreover, I can publish the
artefact to a snapshot repository only at the end of a full build so that
I'm sure that the snapshot repository is always consistent.

However, this approach doesn't scale very well...  In my case, most of the
developers are working simultaneously on most of the modules.  But if it is
not the case, you have probably to take an other approach.

Gilles