ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Gilles Scokart" <gscok...@gmail.com>
Subject RE: jdk version required (was Re: Extending IvyBuildList)
Date Tue, 29 May 2007 13:29:27 GMT

That's unformtunately not so simple.  When you use <javac source="1.4"
target="1.4"... />, you are indeed compile sources that follow 1.4 syntax,
and you produce .class in the 1.4 'format'.  However, you code can still use
jre methods that only exists since 1.5.  The Sun JDK compiler will not check
if the method exists in 1.4.  And you will endup with runtime error.

Gilles