ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Gilles Scokart" <gscok...@gmail.com>
Subject RE: jdk version required (was Re: Extending IvyBuildList)
Date Tue, 29 May 2007 13:24:00 GMT

I think there are still project working on 1.4 (I know at least one
real-life project that is still hesitating).  But most of them could
probably be able to build using a 1.5 jre.

However, I think that it is better to have a code fully in 1.4 than a code
partially in 1.4 and partially in 1.5.  And migrating is a heavy task.

Also, even the migration should not be issue for most ivy users, there is
may still a minority for which it might be.

So, I'm not sure if it is something that has to be done.  But if it is, it
is certainly not a priority.  We should first enhance the coding style (use
of _ for instance).

Gilles