ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Scott Rankin <>
Subject Branch resolution
Date Tue, 10 Apr 2007 16:36:13 GMT

I'm trying out the new branch feature in 1.4, but I seem to be having a
problem.  We have a Framework project, and there are currently 2 lines of
development going on - trunk and 1.0.  I specify the branch name in
Framework's ivy.xml in the info section.

In my second project, we also have 2 lines of development - trunk and 1.0.
In each ivy.xml, I depend on the appropriate branch of the Framework

However, the behavior that I'm seeing is that Ivy will resolve whichever
version of Framework is newest, irregardless of the branch.  So if I have a
1.0 build and a trunk build, it will take the latest build of either branch,
not of the branch I specified.

Am I doing something wrong?

Sent from the ivy-user mailing list archive at

View raw message