ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From smu <saulius.sinku...@delfi.lt>
Subject Re: Common dependencies
Date Tue, 03 Apr 2007 12:56:07 GMT

Hi,

> http://www.nabble.com/ibiblio-resolver-and-optional-pom-dependencies-tf3497317.html

Thanks - I will have it in mind.

> This seems to be a bug. Could you give more details (like pointing to a
> pom
> using project.name, or pointing to a maven doc page explaining how we
> should

Sorry, it was my mistake. i had in mind {project.groupId} and
{project.version}.

When version 2.0 is going to be released?

BTW is it possible to receive all posts in this forum to email? I subscribed
to ivy mailing lists (using email) but still don't receive new posts. I
tried to subscribe 2 times but didn't receive any response.

Bye,
Saulius

> Saulius
>

> Xavier Hanin wrote:
> >
> > On 3/27/07, smu <saulius.sinkunas@delfi.lt> wrote:
> >>

> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> I'm trying to migrate to ivy from maven and have one question. Is it
> >> possible to create some common dependencies for multimodule project?
> >> Something like parent and child pom.xml in maven2. For example, I'm
> using
> >> Spring in almost all modules but don't want to declare it in every
> module
> >> (as in case of version change I will have to update all ivy.xml files).
> >> Is
> >> it possible to do with ivy?
> >

> > Ivy do not support parent/child like maven, but you can do something
> very
> > similar by using virtual module. A virtual module is a module which
> > publishes no artifact at all (put an empty publication section in its
> ivy
> > file, since no publication element at all is equivalent to publishing
> one
> > jar artifact).
> >
> > Then when you declare a dependency on it, you will transitively get all
> > its
> > dependencies, and only its dependencies since it doesn't publish any
> > artifact.
> > The advantage is that you can obviously declare multiple dependencies
> like
> > that, so you are not limited to single level inheritance of maven
> > parent/child mechanism.
> >
> > HTH,
> >
> > - Xavier
> >
> > Thanks,