ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Xavier Hanin" <xavier.ha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: code review please: issue 475
Date Tue, 24 Apr 2007 06:14:28 GMT
On 4/23/07, jeff <jeffrey.blattman@yahoo.com> wrote:

> *Xavier Hanin <xavier.hanin@gmail.com>* wrote:
>

> I don't know apache rules very well, but I would be surprised if you have
> write access to our project. Indeed AFAIK commiting directly is considered
> as being a commiter, which requires a vote in our PPMC.
>
> i suspect i have write access, because when i was approved for another
> project, it was just "apache svn write access", and not specific to the
> project. but ya, i don't really know how apache works it either.
>
> but anyway, i realize i am not a committer on this project so i won't even
> try. i am attaching a patch file. would you mind applying it? i'd really
> like this to be in the next release, so if you have a 2.x release branch,
> could you put it there, as well as the trunk?

For attaching the patch I'd prefer using the issue in JIRA. I don't know
Apache rules well enough to be sure, but I know that there is no problem to
apply patches when they are attached in JIRA with the checkbox saying it's a
contribution. It's also easier to keep track of your contribution.

And about the branch, 2.0 developments are occurring on the trunk, so no
problem.

Cheers,

Xavier

> thanks!