ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Xavier Hanin" <xavier.ha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: compile, runtime and interface configuration
Date Tue, 17 Apr 2007 15:28:28 GMT
On 4/17/07, Gilles Scokart <gscokart@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,

I try to to define a system that use three types of configurations :
> compile, runtime and interface.
>

> The compile dependencies are the one required to compile my modules.
>
> The runtime dependencies are the one required to run my modules.
>
> The interface dependencies are dependencies that I use in the interface of
> my module.  The means that the users of my module should transitively
> inherit those interfaces in their compile (and runtime) dependencies.
>

> Here is how I tried to declare those configurations :
>

> <configurations  defaultconfmapping=" runtime -> runtime(default);
>
>                                       interface -> interface(default);
>
>                                       compile -> interface(default)">
>

>             <conf name="compile" extends="interface" description="the
> compile-time dependencies" />
>
>             <conf name="runtime" extends="compile " description="The
> runtime
> configuration"/>
>
>             <conf name="interface" description="The interface
> configuration"/>
>
> </configurations>
>

> When I have A depends in B (compile dep) and B depends on C (compile dep),
> was expecting to have implicitly A depends on C (runtime dep).  But it
> seems
> not to be.

Could you be more precise when you talk about your deps configurations
(giving the dependency element of each ivy file), because I'm not sure how
you use the defaultconfmapping you have defined.

Xavier

I have the impression that ivy first resolve the compile dependencies
> transitively, then resolve runtime dependencies transitively and add the
> one
> obtained by the compile dep resolution.

Is my understanding correct?  What are the other alternative to do what I
> want to do?  Am I forced to flag all compile dependencies also as runtime
> dependencies?
>

> Thanks for your help.
>

> Gilles

Manage your dependencies with Ivy!