ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Xavier Hanin" <xavier.ha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Sporadic resolution errors
Date Tue, 10 Apr 2007 16:19:48 GMT
On 4/10/07, jgunz <slobby@twcny.rr.com> wrote:

> We are using the url resolver to access a Subversion controlled Ivy
> repository via https. Both the build machine and the machine hosting the
> repository have been under excessive loads lately and I suspect this is
> the
> problem -- I would just like to avoid having our Cruise Control process
> fail
> and upsetting the rest of the team ;-)

I understand, but for the moment the only thing you can do is either patch
Ivy to support multiple attempts and customizable timeouts (and contribute
the patch to the community :-)) or write your own resolver (or even simply
repository) implementing this behavior on top of an existing repository
implementation (like URLRepository) or by delegation (which would make your
implemenation usable with any repository impl). This could also be
contributed to the community. The last solution I see is to open a JIRA
issue and wait for someone in the community to consider it.

- Xavier