ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Xavier Hanin" <>
Subject Re: ranged versions and maven proxy
Date Sun, 08 Apr 2007 09:07:40 GMT
On 4/7/07, Jing Xue <> wrote:
> Hi Xaviar,
> Please see the following debug output:
> [ivy:resolve]   using main to resolve [ org.apache.ant | ant-junit | 1.7.0]
> [ivy:resolve] pre 1.3 ivy file: using exactOrRegexp as default matcher
> [ivy:resolve]   found ivy file in cache for [ org.apache.ant | ant-junit |
> 1.7.0 ] (resolved by ibiblioResolver):
> /home/jingxue/.ivy/cache/org.apache.ant/ant-junit/ivy-1.7.0.xml
> [ivy:resolve]   cacheResolver: revision in cache: [ org.apache.ant |
> ant-junit | 1.7.0 ]
> [ivy:resolve]   found [ org.apache.ant | ant-junit | 1.7.0 ] in
> ibiblioResolver
> I think the cache resolver did successfully resolve it, but somehow
> prints the wrong resolver name on the last name.

Yes, I know this is disturbing, but it's the way Ivy handles cache for the
moment: to avoid going through all a chain just to figure out that the last
resolver has already resolved the module and that it is in cache, each
resolver actually checks the cache, and if one finds the module in cache, it
returns it even if the metadata in cache says that it was resolved by
another resolver the first time. And in this case Ivy keeps the information
that it was resolved by ibiblio, and show it in the log.

But this is likely to change in next version, since we will review the whole
cache management.

As for the log4j case in my previous message, I realized that ivy was
> actually going to ibiblio because the cache resolver isn't capable of
> resolving
> non-exact versions.

Ok, so this is normal. The question is: Is it really normal that cache
resolver isn't capable of resolving dynamic revisions? I don't really think
so, so we may review this in next version (as part of cache management
review). Any input on this subject is welcome.

- Xavier

> --
> Jing Xue

Learn Ivy at ApacheCon: