ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Xavier Hanin" <xavier.ha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ranged versions and maven proxy
Date Fri, 06 Apr 2007 16:09:34 GMT
On 4/6/07, Jing Xue <jingxue@digizenstudio.com> wrote:

> For whatever its worth, my guess (from skimming through the code) is
> that in the ivy metadata files generated in the local cache, the
> resolver associated to an artifact is always kept as the one that
> resolved it _originally_, rather than getting updated to be the one
> that was able to resolve it _most recently_.  That's probably why if I
> commented out ibiblioResolver, it would start reporting the artifact
> being resolved by the cacheResolver, and stay that way even after I
> put the ibiblioResolver back.

It makes sense, indeed. Actually, the cache resolver is not frequently used,
so I'm not too surprised you run into some kind of trouble :-) Usually when
a resolver find a module in cache, it returns it even if it hasn't been
resolved by the same resolver before, but do not update the cache metadata
because it doesn't even know if it could find such module. But here with a
cache resolver we are facing a very specific case. Anyway, since we will
deeply review cache management before the final 2.0 release, this kind of
thing will hopefully be improved. But it would be nice to remember to test
that, so could you add a comment to the cache management related issue
(IVY-399)?

Thanks

- Xavier

Thanks.