ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Xavier Hanin" <xavier.ha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Conflicts Dependencies
Date Fri, 06 Apr 2007 13:33:30 GMT
On 4/6/07, Saloucious Crumb <saloucious@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've just discovered Ivy and have to use it on my projects.
>
> Actually i have a problem with conflicts dependencies.
>
> Indeed, i've got a module A which depends on B and C (revision=2).
>
> B depends on C (revision=1) and D
>
> D depends on C (revision=1)
>
> Ivy detects a conflict between A and B (about C revision) -> OK, it takes
> revision 2
>
> But ivy do not detect conflict between B and D (about C revision) -> Ivy
> retrieves C revision 1
>
> So, in my libs directory, i have C revisions 1 and 2 -> NOK
>
> I've you got an idea ?

I'm not sure to get the picture correctly. There is no conflict between B
and D, since both depend on C 1. The conflict occurs in A, between C1 asked
by B, and C2 asked by A. In this case Ivy should select C2. But you seem to
say it's the case, so I don't see when you finally get the two versions in
your libs directory...

So to be sure we can help you, could you provide your A, B, C and D ivy
files, the ant tasks you call, and the result?

- Xavier

Manage your dependencies with Ivy!
http://incubator.apache.org/ivy/