ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Xavier Hanin" <xavier.ha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: why doesn't the chain stop at cache?
Date Tue, 03 Apr 2007 05:41:38 GMT
On 4/3/07, Jing Xue <jingxue@digizenstudio.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm running a build off the trunk I checked out yesterday (4/1), with
> this config:
>
> <ivysettings>
>   <property name="ivy.ibiblio.default.artifact.root" value="
> http://repo1.maven.org/maven2" />
>   <property name="ivyx.returnFirst" value="true" override="false" />
>   <settings defaultResolver="main" checkUpToDate="true" />
>   <resolvers>
>     <chain name="main" returnFirst="${ivyx.returnFirst}">
>       <cache name="cache" />
>       <ibiblio name="ibiblio" m2compatible="true" root="
> http://repo1.maven.org/maven2" />
>      </chain>
>   </resolvers>
> </ivysettings>
>
> After one successful resolve, everything is in the cache now. I thought
> with returnFirst being true, it should not be going to ibiblio. Yet it
> does for every dependency. What am I missing?

It's weird, I'm using a build done on 20070330193957, with a very similar
config, and it works as expected. Are you sure ivyx.returnFirst actually
equals true? Turn on debug log and Ivy will dump your settings, you should
see something like this:
============
settings loaded (98ms)
        default cache: ivy
        default resolver: main
        default latest strategy: latest-revision
        default conflict manager: latest-revision
        circular dependency strategy: warn
        validate: true
        check up2date: true
        cache ivy pattern: ../lib/[organisation]-[module]-[revision].[ext]
        cache artifact pattern:
../lib/[organisation]-[artifact]-[revision].[ext]
        -- 3 resolvers:
        cache [cache]
        maven2-http [ibiblio]
                changingPattern: null
                changingMatcher: exactOrRegexp
                m2compatible: true
                ivy patterns:

http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/[organisation]/[module]/[revision]/[artifact]-[revision](-[classifier]).[ext]
                artifact patterns:

http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/[organisation]/[module]/[revision]/[artifact]-[revision](-[classifier]).[ext]
                repository: maven2-http
                root: http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/
                pattern:
[organisation]/[module]/[revision]/[artifact]-[revision](-[classifier]).[ext]
                usepoms: true
        main [chain] [cache, maven2-http]
                return first: true
                dual: false
                -> cache
                -> maven2-http

BTW, as a matter of fact, my ISP actually decided to cut me off for about 5
> minutes right in the middle of a resolve. Imagine that. 8-)

I guess you would like Ivy to provide a timeout? :)

- Xavier

Thanks.
> --
> Jing Xue