ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From jeff <jeffrey.blatt...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: publish two artifacts from single project
Date Thu, 26 Apr 2007 14:55:47 GMT
xavier, my mistake,

my resolver pattern had .../[module].[ext], instead of [artifact].[ext].

thanks for your help.

Xavier Hanin <xavier.hanin@gmail.com> wrote: On 4/26/07, jeff  wrote:
> i did try this, and it results in the two JARs being published to the same artifact ...
the latter simply overwrites the former ... for examples ...

> [ivy:publish] :: publishing :: [ com.sun.portal | admin ]
> [ivy:publish]   published ps_util to /home/jtb/src/ps.trunk/admin/../dependencies/private-repository/com.sun.portal/admin/7.2/admin-7.2.jar
> [ivy:publish]   published admin_common to /home/jtb/src/ps.trunk/admin/../dependencies/private-repository/com.sun.portal/admin/7.2/admin-7.2.jar
> [ivy:publish]   published ivy to /home/jtb/src/ps.trunk/admin/../dependencies/private-repository/com.sun.portal/admin/ivys/ivy-7.2.xml
>
> two JARs, ps_util.jar and admin_common.jar. they are indeed both published, but to the
same JAR in the repo, admin-7.2.jar. looking at that JAR, it contains the contents of admin_common.jar,
not ps_util.jar

> maybe i did not make it clear what i was trying to accomplish. i want to publish two
artifacts, what i want is from the "admin" project, to publish two artifacts,

> com.sun.portal/admin_common
> com.sun.portal/util
>
> there are different artifacts, i do NOT want a single artifact with two JARs (which i
*think* what the example you gave is supposed to accomplish, but it didn't seem to work like
that).

> any ideas?
I don't know what you mean by a single artifact with two jars. A jar
is an artifact. Actually any file can be an artifact, as lon as it is
declared in the publication section.

So for your problem, it seems that the pattern of the resolver to
which you publish your files is malformed, resulting in two artifacts
going at the same location. Do you use the [artifact] token in your
resolver artifact pattern? If so, could you give us more insight on
your ivy settings (especially the resolver to which you publish)?

Xavier

> Xavier Hanin  wrote: On 4/26/07, jeff  wrote:
> > i did find a hack to accomplish this ... which was to create a new build file that
just had the ant code to publish the second artifact. note from my previous email that i had
to set ivy.dep.file in the seconard build file.

> You don't need to call publish twice to do what you want, but rather
> use tokens in your publication pattern:
>
>                     organisation="com.sun.portal"
>                     module="admin"
>                     revision="${PS.product.version}"
>                     pubdate="${pubdate}"
>                     status="integration"
>                     overwrite="true"
>        >

> HTH,
>
> Xavier
> >
> > i needed to publish the secondary artifact in a separate ant file, i am guessing
because once the primary ivy.xml is loaded, i could not overwrite the variables setup by it
to point to the primary artifact.

> > is there some better way to accomplish this?
> >
> > jeff  wrote: i have one project (one build.xml), that generates multiple JARs that
i wish to publish. i can't find the right approach to this.