ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <ste...@apache.org>
Subject Re: AW: Ant + Ivy Birds of a Feather Session at ApacheCon
Date Wed, 18 Apr 2007 09:21:55 GMT
Jan.Materne@rzf.fin-nrw.de wrote:
>> I will unfortunately not be present in Amsterdam (my boss said
>> that he has
>> not enough budgets...  Grrr...  He merit that I give the name
>> of my employer
>> ;-) ).  However, there is one topics that I think would be interesting:
>>
>> It would be nice if ant could be able to download an entire
>> antlib with its
>> dependencies, using ivy of curse ;-).  And that, without
>> having to install
>> anything else than the basic ant installation.
>

> Yes, that sounds interesting.
> But you have to keep an eye on licenses ... Ant's fetch.xml could
> download the optional libraries ...

which, for ant1.7.0 does a <get> of the m2 tasks...for ant1.7.1 we could
move to ivy and/or bundle ivy out the box.

> So just dreaming more ...
>
> <project xmlns:antunit="ivy:http://ant.apache.org/antlibs/antunit/">
>     <antunit:assertTrue/>
> </project>
>
> - the new "ivy:" protokol (compared to "antlib:") loads the AutoLoad
> configuration
>   from the given URL+"autoload.xml"
>   * http://ant.apache.org/antlibs/antunit/autoload.xml
>     <autoload ivyconfig="ivy-config.xml"
> antlib="org.apache.ant.antunit"/>
> - then it "installs" all the required jars specified in the specified
> Ivy
>   configuration file into ~/.ant/antlibs (thats the repository Ivy uses
> here)
> - it loads the antlib.xml as defined

or, we take the antlib url

  antlib://org.example.something.tasks:

and search in the repo for a mapping file

org/example/something/tasks/mapping.xml

that can redir to the artifact that contains the project  (here
org/example/something/something.jar)