ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Jing Xue <jing...@digizenstudio.com>
Subject Re: Get exact revision for exact library
Date Mon, 09 Apr 2007 14:29:30 GMT

Quoting Anton Stalnuhhin <Anton.Stalnuhhin@webmedia.ee>:

> Hello,
>
> I'm sorry, if it is simple, but I couldn't find the answer on it.
> Situation is that I have some modules that depends on C rev="2", but
>  I need to get C rev="1".
> So I just add into ivy.xml dependency for C rev="1". As I
> understand, there is a conflict, so
> by default Ivy takes latest-revision. How can I configure conflicts,
>  so that if there is a conflict
> between C rev="ANY" and C rev="1", Ivy takes C rev="1"?

Hi Anton,

I'm fairly new to ivy, so just a couple of thoughts: you can probably
either exclude C rev.2 in the other dependency, or use a force
attribute on the C rev.1 dependency.  There is also some conflict
manager types that can be configured to resolve conflicts the way you
wanted - which is probably a universal solution but can be an overkill
depending on your situation.

HTH.
--
Jing Xue