ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Jing Xue <jing...@digizenstudio.com>
Subject Re: ranged versions and maven proxy
Date Sat, 07 Apr 2007 02:58:02 GMT
On Fri, Apr 06, 2007 at 08:42:27AM +0200, Xavier Hanin wrote:
> On 4/6/07, Jing Xue <jingxue@digizenstudio.com> wrote:
> >BTW, on a side point unrelated to the topic of this message, please note
> >that in the above scenario, I also _do_ have the log4j 1.2.14 in my
> >local ivy cache, yet it went ahead and checked ibiblioResolver...
>

> This is really strange. I haven't tested with a cache resolver (it's not
> very often used, since Ivy itself relies on its cache as often as possible
> without any specific settings), but it's unit tested in general case, and
> I've checked the code and I don't see why if the first resolver returns
> something the chain could continue (with returnFirst=true). But if you want
> to help us investigate, could you please send a debug log, adn we'll see if
> we better understand what's happening.

Hi Xaviar,

Please see the following debug output:

[ivy:resolve]   using main to resolve [ org.apache.ant | ant-junit | 1.7.0 ]
[ivy:resolve] pre 1.3 ivy file: using exactOrRegexp as default matcher
[ivy:resolve]   found ivy file in cache for [ org.apache.ant | ant-junit | 1.7.0 ] (resolved
by ibiblioResolver): /home/jingxue/.ivy/cache/org.apache.ant/ant-junit/ivy-1.7.0.xml
[ivy:resolve]   cacheResolver: revision in cache: [ org.apache.ant | ant-junit | 1.7.0 ]
[ivy:resolve]   found [ org.apache.ant | ant-junit | 1.7.0 ] in ibiblioResolver

I think the cache resolver did successfully resolve it, but somehow
prints the wrong resolver name on the last name.

As for the log4j case in my previous message, I realized that ivy was
actually going to ibiblio because the cache resolver isn't capable of resolving
non-exact versions.

Thanks.
--
Jing Xue