ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Jing Xue <jing...@digizenstudio.com>
Subject ranged versions and maven proxy
Date Fri, 06 Apr 2007 03:19:51 GMT
I have a maven-proxy, http://jabba:9999, running against the real
ibiblio repo, and the ivy ibiblio resolver pointed to the proxy.
With this config:

<ivysettings>
  <property name="ivy.ibiblio.default.artifact.root" value="http://jabba:9999/repository"
/>
  <property name="ivyx.returnFirst" value="true" override="false" />

  <settings defaultResolver="main" checkUpToDate="true" />
  <resolvers>
    <chain name="main" returnFirst="${ivyx.returnFirst}">
      <cache name="cacheResolver" />
      <ibiblio name="ibiblioResolver" m2compatible="true" root="${ivy.ibiblio.default.artifact.root}"
/>
     </chain>
  </resolvers>
</ivysettings>

I got this error message:

[ivy:resolve] problem occured while resolving dependency: [ log4j | log4j | 1.2.+ ] {build=[default]}
with cacheResolver: java.util.EmptyStackException
[ivy:resolve] 		tried http://jabba:9999/repository/log4j/log4j/1.2.+/log4j-1.2.+.pom
[ivy:resolve] CLIENT ERROR: Not Found url=http://jabba:9999/repository/log4j/log4j/1.2.+/log4j-1.2.+.pom
[ivy:resolve] 		tried http://jabba:9999/repository/log4j/log4j/[revision]/log4j-[revision].pom
[ivy:resolve] 		tried http://jabba:9999/repository/log4j/log4j/1.2.+/log4j-1.2.+.jar
[ivy:resolve] CLIENT ERROR: Not Found url=http://jabba:9999/repository/log4j/log4j/1.2.+/log4j-1.2.+.jar
[ivy:resolve] 		tried http://jabba:9999/repository/log4j/log4j/[revision]/log4j-[revision].jar
[ivy:resolve] 	ibiblioResolver: no ivy file nor artifact found for [ log4j | log4j | 1.2.+
]

I also tried setting awaysCheckExactRevision="false", and got:

[ivy:resolve] problem occured while resolving dependency: [ log4j | log4j | 1.2.+ ] {build=[default]}
with cacheResolver: java.util.EmptyStackException
[ivy:resolve] 		tried http://jabba:9999/repository/log4j/log4j/[revision]/log4j-[revision].pom
[ivy:resolve] 		tried http://jabba:9999/repository/log4j/log4j/[revision]/log4j-[revision].jar
[ivy:resolve] 	ibiblioResolver: no ivy file nor artifact found for [ log4j | log4j | 1.2.+
]

Note that this actually happened when I _do_ have log4j 1.2.14 in the
maven proxy repository. So I looked into the code, and looks like the
problem is currently URLResolver has URLRepository hard-coded, which in
turn has the ApacheUrlLister hard-coded, which can (obviously) handle
only the authentic ibiblio directory listing. Is it possible to expose
the url lister in the settings?

BTW, on a side point unrelated to the topic of this message, please note
that in the above scenario, I also _do_ have the log4j 1.2.14 in my
local ivy cache, yet it went ahead and checked ibiblioResolver...

Thanks.
--
Jing Xue