ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From jeff <jeffrey.blatt...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: publish two artifacts from single project
Date Thu, 26 Apr 2007 13:15:28 GMT
i did try this, and it results in the two JARs being published to the same artifact ... the
latter simply overwrites the former ... for examples ...

[ivy:publish] :: publishing :: [ com.sun.portal | admin ]
[ivy:publish]   published ps_util to /home/jtb/src/ps.trunk/admin/../dependencies/private-repository/com.sun.portal/admin/7.2/admin-7.2.jar
[ivy:publish]   published admin_common to /home/jtb/src/ps.trunk/admin/../dependencies/private-repository/com.sun.portal/admin/7.2/admin-7.2.jar
[ivy:publish]   published ivy to /home/jtb/src/ps.trunk/admin/../dependencies/private-repository/com.sun.portal/admin/ivys/ivy-7.2.xml

two JARs, ps_util.jar and admin_common.jar. they are indeed both published, but to the same
JAR in the repo, admin-7.2.jar. looking at that JAR, it contains the contents of admin_common.jar,
not ps_util.jar

maybe i did not make it clear what i was trying to accomplish. i want to publish two artifacts,
what i want is from the "admin" project, to publish two artifacts,

com.sun.portal/admin_common
com.sun.portal/util

there are different artifacts, i do NOT want a single artifact with two JARs (which i *think*
what the example you gave is supposed to accomplish, but it didn't seem to work like that).

any ideas?

Xavier Hanin <xavier.hanin@gmail.com> wrote: On 4/26/07, jeff  wrote:
> i did find a hack to accomplish this ... which was to create a new build file that just
had the ant code to publish the second artifact. note from my previous email that i had to
set ivy.dep.file in the seconard build file.

You don't need to call publish twice to do what you want, but rather
use tokens in your publication pattern:

                    organisation="com.sun.portal"
                    module="admin"
                    revision="${PS.product.version}"
                    pubdate="${pubdate}"
                    status="integration"
                    overwrite="true"

HTH,

Xavier

> i needed to publish the secondary artifact in a separate ant file, i am guessing because
once the primary ivy.xml is loaded, i could not overwrite the variables setup by it to point
to the primary artifact.

> is there some better way to accomplish this?
>
> jeff  wrote: i have one project (one build.xml), that generates multiple JARs that i
wish to publish. i can't find the right approach to this.

> i've tried too many permutations to list here, but this is the latest i have tried ...
>
> my two artifacts ...
>

> and ...
>

>                      organisation="com.sun.portal"
>                      module="admin"
>                      revision="${PS.product.version}"
>                      pubdate="${pubdate}"
>                      status="integration"
>                      overwrite="true"
>         >

> thus publishes both of the JARs, but both as the same name, admin-7.2.jar, so one overwrites
the other.

> any ideas?

>  Check outnew cars at Yahoo! Autos.

>  Check outnew cars at Yahoo! Autos.