ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Cecile <rubyco...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: OSGi backend?
Date Tue, 13 Mar 2007 02:43:17 GMT
Steve,

2007/3/12, Steve Loughran <stevel@apache.org>:
> yes, but can you do dynamic code download?

I'm not sure what you mean by "dynamic code download".

This might be a digression from Nascif's original question.
RMI aside, I've written code with multiple implementations of a single
interface (all residing in different bundles) and one my services
would adapt itself  depending on what other dependent services were
running or disable itself if required services were not available. I
have hunch that you're thinking of cross-VM service dependencies. i.e.
A bundle in one VM accessing a class in another VM.