ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From easyproglife <easyprogl...@gmail.com>
Subject transitive and non-transitive resolve
Date Sun, 18 Mar 2007 09:27:55 GMT
Hi.

I have dependency that I want to retrieve but to separate the direct
artifacts and the transitive artifacts into separate directories.

For example, I depend on module A that depends on B that depends on C. In my
project I want to retrieve module A into "direct" directory and modules B
and C into "imported" directories.

The reason I do that is that I want to generate code based on module A, but
the code generator need to see also modules B and C in order not to fail.

The only solution I have found so far is to duplicate the dependency on
module A and define it in 2 configurations in ivy.xml. On of the
dependencies would be defined using 'transitive="false"' attribute.
But this solution is ugly and error prone: I have two almost identical line
differ only on their 'transitive' attribute.

I want to ask you if you can see another solution?

-easyproglife.