ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From <Jan.Mate...@rzf.fin-nrw.de>
Subject AW: ApacheCon Talk
Date Mon, 12 Mar 2007 12:45:14 GMT
My few cents ...

* PPT-Master
  - You should write "ApacheCon EU 2007" instead of "ApacheCon 2007". There are more (US,
Asia...)
* Global Notes
  - URLs in the PPT comment area for further information (Ivy Homepage / Manual) would be
helpful.
* History
  - Some words about user community: how many users/committers, number of downloads ...
    ==> Ivy is not a niche product
* #6: First contact
  - Place some comments (in the comment area of PPT) about the properties
    ivy.jar.url   : URL to Ivy-Binary-Download (?)
    ivy.jar.dir   : Where to install Ivy
    ivy.jar.file  : ?
    ivy.lib.path  : Jars needed to run Ivy
  - Have you tried that target? I cannot follow the steps ... You're downloading ONE file.
    Where do the JARs in ivy.jar.dir come from?
* #7: First contact
  - I miss a note where Ivy downloads the JARs from ... Ibiblio? Local Repo?
* #14: Where do those files come from?
  - "anything can be a repository": provide examples: "filesystem, svn, Maven-Repo, ..."
* #15: Where do those files come from?
  - You have to insert the ivyconf.xml ;-)
* #17: Modular development with Ivy
  - Nice animation ;-)
* #19: Settings
  - TODO
* #25: Ivy / Maven2 comparison
  - spell: "if you already use ant": Ant in uppercase
* #26: Future
  - Place notes about Mailinglists, Homepage and Issue Tracker

Very nice!

Jan